Sunday, May 21, 2006

My First Time

I went on some wonderful journeys recently. To look at some of the great momuments in Delhi, Jaipur, and Agra. I remember going to these places as a school kid, but back then the emphasis was more on singing in the bus, and making silly poems based on who sat with who. It had its own charm, but now I find myself being able to appreciate the beauty of these ruins even more. Most of them are just huge tombs, but the skill and patience that must have accompanied their construction, amazes me.

I find myself wanting to capture silly things on the street. 4 boys riding on the scooter, celebrating India's win in some cricket match. A little girl crying with a pouty bottom lip on her way to school. Aunties haggling over veggies with a vendor. Those huge tractors from the farms with veggies stackpiled so neatly on them. Vendors selling colorful baloons to kids. A 50-year old distinguished CEO-type licking an ice cream with the same joy as his 4-year old son. A pretty flower just growing out of a cracked concrete driveway.

If you like them, let me know, or just enjoy them. If you know someone who is capturing similar images, drop me a line, and I'd love to go see what they have to share.

3 comments:

Lalit Singh said...

yeahhh me phurst!!!!!!!
does the first person to comment get a autographed photograph of the owner???
*flexes biceps instead of batting eyelids

If I tell ya, I'll have to kill ya said...

thanks man !!!

first person to comment was reverend, and not you :-) but in any case, you get an autographed photograph. not of the owner. with the owner. kabhi toh dilli wapas aana hai na??

do geeks have biceps?

Anonymous said...

well, this is not a comment actually; have you heard of lifeblog from nokia?
thought it might interest you.

/pavan